Sunday 30 March 2014

Airline ticket, Housing, Books and other stuff for MD1

Airline Tickets:

I booked British Airways for May 01st,  but Virgin Atlantic flies to st.lucia as well. I chose BA for two reasons 1) I am frequent flyer with them 2) I like there service than VA sorry VA. One thing that pisses me off is that i am only allowed one check in bag!!! if traveling economy :( . But i shopped around different websites for airfares, and i ended up getting from my local airline agent for 50 GBP cheaper. 

Housing:

Housing is something i am not sure upon arrival, so i will be staying in Hotel for couple of days and will find housing once there, i really don't think i want to put deposit on housing that i haven't seen physically. Most of the pictures of houses that i have seen are not current apparently. I am sure there will be plenty oh housing for students on island. I will post links and details of real estate agents once i am on island and get housing.

Books/ETC
 
I did not get First Aid for USMLE1 due to the fact that i am not taking USMLE exam, i will be taking PLAB1/PLAB2 similar to USMLE1 but kind of easier version than USMLE ( hope so ) lol, so i ended up buying Oxford Handbook Of Clinical Medicine 9th ed ( OHCM) and Oxford Handbook Of Clinical Speciality ( OHCS). I have also ordered essential clinical anatomy by Keith L Moore and color atlas of anatomy by Rohen. I did not order Histology books or DPS. My cousin had extra stethoscope so stole from him lol ( joke). Thats about it.

Other Stuff:

Notebooks
Flashcards
Lot of pens/pencils/highlighters/staplers/folders
Insect repellent
Bedding
work out supplements !!! Important if you work out or lift


No comments:

Post a Comment